Friday, March 5, 2010

What a difference a week makes.......

Remember that song: "What a difference a day makes, 24 little hours...." Alright, I might be dating myself, but it applies to my life these days. On Monday we got the keys to the new place, from then on everything moved so fast that I had no time to think. I finished packing whatever was left, Frankie contacted the movers and we just move on......

The movers came on time on Wednesday, prepared to move everything in a couple of hours, after all we were only going to the building next door......of course NOT! Murphy's Law took effect: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong". The elevators in both buildings shut down at the same time, it took 2 hours to fixed them and the move was delayed. Then there were the rules of moving on Brickell Key: no big truck in the underground parking, no moving after 5:00 p.m., no this and no that.....what can I say. Most things were just pushed along from building to building. What a way to move in the XXI century. These are the things we put up with to have a peaceful existence in this small oasis in the middle of the city!

Anyway, things progressed at a slow pace, but most things were moved on time. Unfortunately, my family and I had to do several trips to bring what was left behind....not exactly what I wanted to do, but we had to leave the other place! To make things worst, it's been so cold (for Miami, that is) so with being exhausted, walking back and forth and unpacking, I just go sick. This morning I have a cold and have not been myself.

The place is larger and has beautiful marble floors and expansive bathrooms. The balcony is bigger but faces Downtown Miami, a bit of the glorious bay to one side. No morning sun to warm the glass doors and windows, so the chill of the night takes its time to dissipate, but I'll get to see the sunsets...I think....and in Summer it will be much cooler than other places.

Every time I move, I try to get rid of stuff....I have been faithful to that and have a couple of boxes so far ready to be taken away. I also have dozens of boxes still packed, things that would not fit because of the different floor plan or not enough walls for all my paitings...so packing is still been done to put all that in storage!!! I was hoping to bring things up, well, that means I have to get rid of more stuff. Can't wait to have everything in place, put my feet up and relax!!!!!

1 comment:

Pratishtha Durga said...

Sounds like you've had quite a time with all the shifting. Hope it all eases off soon. You deserve a nice break after all this, Merc...