Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Moving...again!!!

I know it's been a while...I keep telling myself a blog doesn't write itself!! Most importantly, one needs to write. So here we are again....writing, shedding, shredding, moving!

What can I say about this? when we moved to Miami, the whole thing was an adventure, a total change after years of island living. When we moved from our last home to this apartment....it was much less of an adventure. It was downright annoying! Two years later, this move is just exhausting and probably a perfect excuse to: feel sorry for oneself, have a soul-searching moment and decide why one keeps dragging all this baggage and get rid of accumulated junk. All those things, one thinks are needed, someone in the family wants, mementos of other times, other lives. At the moment, I am doing all three...of course the second one leads to the last one. A very good thing, indeed!!!

Since we are moving within the building, this is going to be a little less stressful, but packing has to be done.....and I am the elected packer. Have divided the place into area and slowly, I am getting things ready. What really slows me down: looking over things that I unpacked two years ago and never used while here. What is that all about? Need to go back to accumulated junk, someone else's treasures that I am still carrying. Are my children really going to come and pick-up the things I have kept for them? are they going to carry them away, grateful that they are still here? are they really interested in things they wanted packed in Curaçao all those years ago?

What was I thinking? I was downsizing, moving on with my life. Getting rid of things should have been my priority, well, it wasn't! Now I find myself trying to make decisions...again. Don't believe for a minute that it's going to happen all at once. All I am shooting for is some degree of de-cluttering. That will do for starters. Keep in mind Prati's motto: "Downsize your life, Upgrade your living". Couldn't have said it better myself.......on with the job.

No comments: