Monday, March 12, 2012

De-Clutter, Simplify...

More and more boxes are piling in my living-room. Newspapers everywhere to use for wrapping, lists of things already packed, all is moving along. Is this is what I expected? Of course, after all I did this two years ago. It is my intention to de-clutter once again. Simplify as much as possible so the move is....easier!!! Well, I am trying. In the last two years, I have been sticking to one plan: not buying anything unless I am replacing something. All in all, this has been successful, resulting in less things to pack this time.

On the other hand, must remember that there are still boxes of books, papers, t-shirts, kitchen stuff and toys...of all things! They lie somewhere in a wire cage in the storage floor of the building. Why am I still moving these things? At one point these boxes have to be dealt with....not now!!! Now, I am moving everything to another cage.....

My packing, once again, includes downsizing. Some of the things that have been unpacked....can be disposed of! Donating and throwing away are very much a part of this exercise. Whatever is given away, and I still find this hard....take a picture and file in my computer!

More important, this time I am thinking of shedding other things. Clutter is not necessarily physical things. It is also unproductive habits like procrastination or attitudes we still have. Lets shed those habits that used to have a purpose, but not anymore. Learn to use time more productively, that is de-cluttering too. After all, shedding is never-ending....a work in progress!!
Much to much to do, but I'm sure it will be rewarding in the end.....

No comments: