Monday, April 19, 2010

Birthday Week!

A week you'd say...I can hear it now. There she goes again, unpredictable. You might be right, but why not? My birthday is on Friday....I'll be older than I would like to admit, but feel better than I thought I would at this time....so I'm celebrating!!! Not with a big party, that involves work and little enjoyment, not with any of the rituals we tend to have on these occasions, NEEE! I plan to do things for me, because I like them, because I enjoy them, because I feel like it!!! A bit of selfishness is in order, I think.

Women tend to try to hard on themselves, trying to be everything to everyone in their lives.....it's an ingrained mechanism we don't know how to shake off. Well, I am trying to be positive, remember? trying to "dish the bitching".... This includes being nice to myself. Someone said, I believe it was Dr. Christiane Northrup, "Women are here to serve, but they are NOT the main course"!!! Couldn't have said it better myself. So, I would go on with my home routine this week, but :

I will laugh more often
Keep up my negativity and gossip fast

Move to the music whenever I hear it

Start my day with a moment of gratitude

Go walking as meditation

Keep in touch with friends

Pamper myself


Have to remember that I cannot control the lives of my loved ones, consequently, I have to accept that there is more than one way to live a life! That will bring some serenity to my days, I hope, because it means I shall have the freedom to live my own as I please.....What a great birthday this will be!!!

1 comment:

Pratishtha Durga said...

Merc, LOL, LOVED the Quote!

I agree with you whole-heartedly on celebrating your birthday week, and doing things only for yourself. Hope you have a wonderful time.