Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Weddings, Reunions and Holidays.....

This seems to be the season for weddings. I know, is not June yet, but in my part of the world, on the small and beautiful island I so miss.....weddings are all the rave these days!!! This past Saturday there was one, on April 18th there is another one and on May 9th still another one!! All involved family, good friends and people I really care about.....and I am missing hem.

Because we moved to Miami, I am missing all these events. This means missing seeing people I care about, reunions with others I haven't seen in years, holidays by the clear waters of the Caribbean, sunsets that take your breath away and the warm feeling of friendship that is so needed by the human spirit!!

Having missed this first one, I am making plans to attend the other two. A wedding is the best moment to see people at their best, happiness cannot be denied and you can see so many of your favorite people in one happy day or days! Because these are sort of destination weddings, other fun activities will be planned and including rehearsal dinners, beach days, relaxing moments with a drink overlooking the sunset. Life is short, things change in a matter of days, moments that we missed don't come back and I am not willing to accept that.

No comments: