Saturday, April 4, 2009

Wanderlust

Absolutely! That's it. I spent today just doing things about the house, something I don't enjoy and have to concentrate do to. Of course, living in the states, there is little choice, housework is sort of mandatory.....what to do.

So how did I get to wanderlust from housework.....not two things that are connected at all. Well, putting things away after lunch, getting the kitchen organized, realizing that there are things still in boxes, things I never unpacked because I have no space, I began to wonder what am I doing here? isn't it time to move on, go somewhere new?

I could see myself organizing a new home, walking on empty rooms and planning where everything will go, opening boxes and discovering things, it will be as if they were new! It was absolutely real and it made me smile. I can feel it in so many ways: it is time to move. There is always something out there I want to see, a new place I want to call home, the excitement of choosing, arranging. The smell of new, unfamiliar places I will make my own......yes, that is how I went from housework to wanderlust......

3 comments:

Pratishtha Durga said...

I can relate to that feeling, Merc. For now, my wanderlust has been satisfied. But I know that soon, I will feel the urge to move on, discover a new place and call it home.

I am back in Mumbai, and looking forward to doing up the house.

Yo said...

Hi Mercedes, I started to follow your blog, it´s very interesting for me. My husband and I have decided to move to Curacao. We hope to live there in a year. Part of my husband´s family lives there and they are very exited about our plans. It is a big desicion because we have 3 kids, but we think it will improve our lives. We are from Venezuela, where the quality of life has been gotten worse for many reasons... Your blog has been very usefull for me. Thank you...
Excuse any mistake in my english, I´m in learning it now. :-)

Mercedes de Marchena said...

Hola,
Me alegra saber que he ayudado a alguien! Curaçao es fabuloso para los niños. Los míos crecieron allá y la experiencia no tiene paralelo.
Fueron al International School, que todavía es una institución en la isla. La directora es mi amiga!
A ver si seguimos comunicándonos!