Monday, April 30, 2012

Stormy Weather....

Yes, it's that time of the year...or almost that time. It's been raining in Miami for the last three days!!! Can't see the small islands on the bay, the skyline of Miami Beach or, sometimes, the building next door. Uugghh!! It is so depressing....I do hope this is not a preview of things to come, hurricane season is a month away, remember?

It's been pouring for most of the day so far. The wind is whipping white caps on the water of Biscayne Bay. I mean, wind, as in strong enough to push my Adirondacks chairs around in my balcony, and those are not light pieces. My plants are getting a well deserved soak, but the wind is not really been nice for my orchids....really! Rain pelts the windows and the AC is only adding to the misery: why does it kick in? It is not very hot out there.....but then, this is Florida. Someone called this rain: liquid sunshine yesterday!!

Nothing and no one is moving out there, deserted streets here on our small island. Nobody pushing strollers in the park or sitting outside for lunch. I am sure it's not finished, since clouds keep rolling in from the sea. Looks sad...but it's good for the grass, the plants.  Housebound for the last few days with a major cold, this has done nothing to lift my spirits.....well, that is not true. It has showed me that I cannot be missing much. Only ducks and fish could be having fun these days!

No comments: