Saturday, August 15, 2009

Ramblings on Storms and Moves.....

Yes, finally, we have the first storm of the Atlantic Hurricane Season. Never mind that in the Pacific Ocean the storms have been frequent and destructive, the Atlantic/Caribbean has been unusually quite. So, when I saw on the Weather Channel that ANA has been born...I was not happy.

Could I remind everyone of another August storm starting with A ?.....Nobody saw it coming, until hours before hitting Florida, ANDREW was just a storm, a minor hurricane.... nobody here has forgotten that. Outside it is rainy, misty, awful. I cannot see any of the islands on the Bay: Fisher Island, Key Biscayne, Miami Beach. They are all shrouded in mist and everything looks so damp, so sad. It's the time of the year when I wish I lived somewhere else!!!

I am not even thinking Curaçao, where the storms have been coming closer and closer. Think OMAR. The destruction it caused is still been talked about and things are still been repaired. The climate changes are real, I don't care what people tell you. It doesn't take a genius to see the progression of the storms. The way they are becoming deadlier and how they are getting closer to places they never being before. Seriously, I want answers and I want them soon.

In the meantime, I am hoping ANA has plans to dissipate. Let it be a wishy-washy kind of storm, one that can't take the cool waters of the Caribbean...and let those waters be REALLY cool this year!!!

On another note, my daughter moved today in London. Took the whole day, but she's in her new flat!! She sounds really positive about the place. That is something to celebrate...wish I was doing the same thing. After years in our cozy condo....we are bursting at the seams...and, no, I don't want to get rid of more stuff. I have pared down to the minimum. I just have what I like, what brings me good memories and what is practical. I think that is the best rule of thumb.We need more space for visitors and the sooner the better: an extra bedroom will be so welcome!!! So here it is to moving...again....but not in the middle of a storm!



No comments: